Friday, March 25, 2011

Girls

People always told me when I was pregnant with Julianna that girls are so much fun. I always figured that it would be fun to have girls, but nothing prepared me for the reality. Julianna is hilarious! (she likes to say that things are "hilarious" all the time). I stopped the other day and just watched her as she was doing something silly and thought to myself, I love having a little girl who loves puddles, dirt, and toy cars, as much as she loves wearing a "fancy" dress (as she puts it) everyday, nail polish, lipgloss, and being a little drama queen. I am not kidding when I say that she can make herself cry on the spot. She is so nurturing and loving, and always tells me that she loves me and I am so grateful for the relationship that we have already. When I found out that we were having Everly, I was so excited to have more of the dirt, dresses, and drama that we already have in our household and looked forward to the relationship that Julianna and Everly would have some day. I didn't think that there would be much in the way of relationship so early on but Julianna LOVES, LOVES, LOVES Everly. She wants to wake her up every morning, help me put her down for naps, and kiss and hug her every night before bed. She often will hold her hand while watching a show or sitting on my bed and talks to her all of the time. And it is not completely one sided. Everly's face lights up when she sees Julianna. She smiles at her, and follows her with her eyes. I cannot wait to see their relationship unfold as they get older and pray that they will be the best of friends as they grow up...with maybe a few years of bickering in between:) Boy am I blessed!
The Girls
Holding hands while Julianna watches her morning show
This is how Julianna really feels about Everly

2 comments:

  1. I agree with Kelsie! :) BTW, is it wrong that I covet a 3 year old's hair? SO BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete